We are part of the Cluster of Excellence on Plant Sciences (CEPLAS) contributing to Research areas D, B, and C. Within CEPLAS we use our expertise in plant nutrition and metabolism and genome wide association mapping to address the interaction of rhizosphere microorganisms with plants and their contribution to plant nutrition. We also study the differences in mineral nutrition in closely related C3 and C4 plants. The group has a long standing expertise in dissecting
the control of sulfur metabolism.
2. Mineral nutrition in closely related C3 and C4 plants
- What are the general consequences of C4 photosynthesis for nutrient homeostasis?
- What is the role of the spatial distribution of enzymes of nitrate and sulfate assimilation in C4 leaves for
N and S homeostasis and use efficiency?
- What are the mechanisms underlying differences in nutrient uptake and partitioning among C3 and C4 plants?
3. Control of sulfur metabolism
- What are the mechanisms of nutrient homeostasis?
- How is partitioning of sulphur between primary and secondary metabolism regulated?
- What is the role of ethylene signaling in control of sulfur nutrition?